The Community Hub is hosted by Giving Force and by Yorkshire Building Society. This policy applies to personal information we hold and collect about you through the community hub. It does not apply to information we hold about you for other employment/customer related purposes.
It explains how we may collect information about you and then use it to meet your needs. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your privacy, and tells you certain things we will not do.
Information held on the community hub is controlled by Yorkshire Building Society (YBS) and processed by Giving Force Limited (Unit 3, 34 Artisan Place, Ladysmith Road, Harrow HA3 5FE). Payroll Giving and Charitable Foundation instructions are provided to Charities Trust (Registered Charity No: 327489. Suite 20-22 Century Building, Tower Street, Liverpool L3 4BJ). The YBS Data Protection Officer is Karen Goodman – please visit the intranet page for more information.
The purpose of processing data is to enable all colleagues to participate in YBS community programme activities in accordance with the Group’s Corporate Responsibility (CR) strategy. It also enables member of Yorkshire Building Society to nominate charities for a donation from the Yorkshire Building Society Charitable Foundation.
Information you provide or we hold about you may be used by us or our community partners (or both) to:
- identify you when you contact us
- provide you with community activities and information
- request feedback on community opportunities/activities
- for reporting and statistical analysis
- contact you in any way (including mail, email, phone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about community activities available
- for media coverage / as case study material, but only where you provide additional consent by completion of a YBS form to capture this
We will only allow other people to use information we hold about you:
- if we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes; or
- as part of current or future legal proceedings.
- to provide feedback to community partners
- for reporting to Yorkshire Building Society stakeholders;
> we will measure community activities achieved
> types of community activities undertaken
> colleague feedback on impact of community activities
> analysing uptake of community engagement NB: This data will look at departments/teams/branches/agencies of colleagues rather than at individuals
Depending on the community opportunity you choose to participate in, you may also be subject to completing a DBS check where required by law.
Society account numbers you provide in Charitable Foundation applications are for verification purposes only. We will not refer to the account number again.
- Consent must be obtained by any person featured in photos
- Do not upload photos of children, vulnerable individuals or individuals with special needs or anyone who is likely to object to their photos being uploaded
- We reserve the right to remove, without prior notice, any photos and/or comments published on this portal that for any reason are deemed inappropriate or is in breach of these guidelines
- Your photos and/or comments may be used by various communications channels throughout the Group
- You will not post content or take any action on this portal that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law
To enable all colleagues to access the community hub, data has been provided by YBS HR department. This includes:
- Your name, staff number, branch/agency/department, work email address/phone number, line manager, organisation level and location
- This data is required to allow access to the community hub and the programmes available therein
- You may be asked to provide additional data for some activities, such as personal contact details for health and safety/risk assessment purposes. This should be provided at the time of the request to ensure sufficient information is provided to protect your health and safety and reduce any risk of your participation in these activities
- A limited number of YBS colleagues in the Corporate Responsibility team may have access to the data held on the portal, including additional information you provide
The information you provide will only be retained for the period it is needed;
- For data provided from HR, this will be retained for 6 years following the end of your YBS contract
- Personal contact details may be provided from YBS HR for emergencies, this information will be deleted following completion of the event for which it was required
- Health and safety risk assessments will be kept for 6 years after completion of the event for which it was required
Colleagues are protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25 May 2018 and have the right to request access to data held on them, deletion of that data, and objection to certain processing. For more information, please visit the Data Protection pages of the intranet.
All colleagues have the opportunity to participate in YBS community programmes, although this is not mandatory and you can choose not to be involved/provide additional data on the Community Hub. Please note though that the data from YBS HR will still be held on the portal.
If you would like further details of the way your data is processed for the Community Hub, please contact the Corporate Responsibility Team, Yorkshire House, Yorkshire Drive, Bradford BD5 8LJ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When joining the YBS as an employee you have agreed to allow data held by YBS HR to be shared with third parties, in this case Giving Force, to enable access to systems and technology. For more information, please refer to your contract or visit the HR intranet site.
No automated decisions, other than the eligibility of a charity you may recommend to the Charitable Foundation, are made on the Community Hub. Data is not used for profiling of colleagues.
Cookies - Site Monitoring
We use technical methods (called "cookies") on this website. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that allows us to:
- Identify what stage in an application process you are at
- Improve your experience by making it quicker and easier for you to use the site
- Temporary or session cookies are also needed for you to log in
You can manage cookies from this site, including blocking or deleting them, by changing the settings in the browser you use, e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc. Find out how you can do this by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Contact Us if you have any queries about the privacy of this site.
Or, write to us
Corporate Responsibility, Yorkshire Building Society, Yorkshire House, Yorkshire Drive, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD5 8LJ