The community hub is hosted by Giving Force and Yorkshire Building Society. This policy applies to personal information we hold and collect about you through the community hub only. It does not apply to information we hold for the employment of colleagues or for customer related purposes.
It explains how we may collect information about you and then use it to meet your needs. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your privacy, and tells you certain things we will not do.
We reserve the right to amend this policy from time to time, in which case we will publish the amended version on our website.
Information held on the community hub is controlled by Yorkshire Building Society (YBS) and processed by Giving Force Limited, (Unit 3, 34 Artisan Place, Ladysmith Road, Harrow, HA3 5FE). Payroll Giving (for colleagues only) and Charitable Foundation instructions are provided to Charities Trust (Registered Charity No: 327489. Suite 20-22 Century Building, Tower Street, Liverpool, L3 4BJ).
The lawful basis for processing information is covered under Article (6)(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation the where “processing is necessary for the performance of a contract which the data subject is party or at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract”. Information you provide will be held for the following purposes.
The purpose of processing data is to enable all colleagues to participate in YBS community programme activities in accordance with YBS Social Purpose & Sustainability strategy. It also enables members/colleagues of Yorkshire Building Society to nominate charities for a donation from Yorkshire Building Society Charitable Foundation for consideration by the trustees and to enable donations to be made to registered charities.
No automated decisions, other than the eligibility of a charity colleagues/members may recommend to the Charitable Foundation, are made on the community hub. Data is not used for profiling of members/colleagues.
Society account numbers which colleagues/members provide in relation to Charitable Foundation applications are for verification purposes only. We will not refer to the account number again.
Information you provide or we hold about you may be used by us or our community partners (or both) to:
- identify you when you contact us (colleagues/members)
- provide you with community activities and information (colleagues only)
- request feedback on community opportunities/activities (colleagues only)
- for reporting and statistical analysis (colleagues/members)
- contact you in any way (including mail, email, phone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about community activities only (colleagues only). Members will be contacted via email in the first instance, or by mail or phone in the absence of email.
- for media coverage / as case study material, but only where you provide additional consent by completion of a YBS form to capture this (colleagues/members)
We will only allow other people to use information we hold about you:
- if we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes; or (colleagues/members)
- as part of current or future legal proceedings (colleagues/members)
- to provide feedback to community partners (colleagues only)
- for reporting to Yorkshire Building Society stakeholders; (colleagues only)
- we will measure community activities achieved
- types of community activities undertaken
- colleague feedback on impact of community activities
- analysing uptake of community engagement NB: This data will look at departments/teams/branches/agencies of colleagues rather than at individuals
Depending on the community opportunity you choose to participate in, you may also be subject to completing a DBS check where required by law (colleagues only).
HR Data (applicable to colleagues only)
To enable all colleagues to access the community hub, data has been provided by YBS HR department. This includes:
- Your name, staff number, branch/agency/department, work email address/phone number, line manager, organisation level and location.
- This data is required to allow access to the community hub and the programmes available therein
- You may be asked to provide additional data for some activities, such as personal contact details for health and safety/risk assessment purposes. This should be provided at the time of the request to ensure sufficient information is provided to protect your health and safety and reduce any risk of your participation in these activities
- A limited number of YBS colleagues in the Social Purpose & Sustainability team may have access to the data held on the portal, including additional information you provide
- All colleagues have the opportunity to participate in YBS community programmes, although this is not mandatory and you can choose not to be involved/provide additional data on the community hub. Please note though that the data from YBS HR will still be held on the portal, but your details used in relation to your individual activities will be anonymised after a period of two years
- When joining the YBS as an employee you have agreed to allow data held by YBS HR to be shared with third parties, in this case Giving Force, to enable access to systems and technology. For more information, please refer to your contract or visit the HR intranet site.
Photos (applicable to colleagues only)
- Consent must be obtained by any person featured in photos
- Do not upload photos of children, vulnerable individuals or individuals with special needs or anyone who is likely to object to their photos being uploaded
- We reserve the right to remove, without prior notice, any photos and/or comments published on this portal that for any reason are deemed inappropriate or is in breach of these guidelines
- Your photos and/or comments may be used by various communications channels throughout YBS
- You will not post content or take any action on this portal that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law
- Consent can be withdrawn by contacting YBS through the contact details listed below
Retention (applicable to colleagues only)
The information you provide will only be retained for the period it is needed;
- For data provided from HR, this will be retained for 6 years following the end of your YBS contract
- Personal contact details may be provided from YBS HR for emergencies, this information will be deleted following completion of the event for which it was required
- Health and safety risk assessments will be kept for 6 years after completion of the event for which it was required
Colleagues are protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25 May 2018 and have the right to request access to data held on them, deletion of that data, and objection to certain processing.
Retention (applicable to members only)
The information you provide will only be retained for the period it is needed, which is for a period of two years. Your personal data collected initially will then be removed.
Members are protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25 May 2018 and have the right to request access to data held on them, deletion of that data, and objection to certain processing.
Cookies - Site Monitoring
We use technical methods (called "cookies") on this website. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that allows us to:
- Identify what stage in an application process you are at
- Improve your experience by making it quicker and easier for you to use the site
- Temporary or session cookies are also needed for you to log in
You can manage cookies from this site, including blocking or deleting them, by changing the settings in the browser you use, e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc. Find out how you can do this by visiting https://ybs.givingforce.com/
Further information on the rights of the individual is available on the internet.
The contact details for the Data Protection Officer at YBS is DPO@ybs.co.uk.
The Information Commissioners Office can be contacted at the following address:-
Information Commissioners Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113
If you would like further details of the way your data is processed for the community hub, please contact the Social Purpose & Sustainability Team, Yorkshire House, Yorkshire Drive, Bradford BD5 8LJ or email email@example.com.
Giving Force Limited, Unit 3, 34 Artisan Place, Ladysmith Road, Harrow, HA3 5FE.